Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fabulous...just fabulous

Talking about movies is gay.

I have a teenage son, and like all teenagers in this generation, he has been known to use the term "gay", as in, "that's so gay." In this connotation, gay means, bizarre, out of style, queer in a non-gay way (like strange). I'm 50, and I get it.

But talking about movies is gay...not in a strange high school 2008 way, though. In a gay way. A queer in a not non-gay way. In a two-men-wanna-get-married-kind-of-gay-way. That's because all actors in Hollywood are gay, and if I'm talking about them I must be gay or at the very least doing a gay activity, right?

Did he just say everyone in Hollywood is gay?

Relax out there, ok? I was kidding. I was kidding. What I meant was....what I meant...was...Look, can I get a word in edgewise here?

Please? Ok. When I said everyone in Hollywood was gay...

What...
I...
meant...
was...

Everyone in Hollywood is gay.


With that said...on to the Movie O' Da Week Errrr Whatever.

1 comment:

-Cora said...

LOL LOL LOL...oh- you made me cry!
Funny, funny, funny-
stop it! :D